The Evasion Lite is just that, a stripped back version of the original Evasion. Ideal if you're looking for a bike with the geometry and tire clearances of the Evasion, but don't need all of the rack mounts and what not, for the heavy duty off-road touring it's designed to do. The Evasion Lite features the Crust Carbon Fork in another effort to keep the weight down.
Pair one of these up with a tire like the 27.5x2.8" Schwalbe G-One All Around for maximum speed to volume ratio as proven by science.
Max tire sizes:
700c x 55. This is with a Rene Herse Antelope Hill on the rear and a Fleecer Ridge on the front. Both mounted to Velocity SS blunts. This combo raises the BB height around 5mm then is listed on the chart, putting it at 295mm.
27.5 X 2.8. This is with Scwalbe G-Ones. Rear tire was mounted to a Stans Sentry rim and the front an Enve G27. This combo also put the BB at 295mm in height. Please note more aggressive 2.8s would potentially not fit.
26 x 3.0 fits in the front and 26 x 2.8 is the max for the rear. This combo put the BB at 285mm
73mm BB shell so it takes a MOUNTAIN crank. Ideally 1x with a maximum ~40 tooth chainring. You can set it up 2x, for all double set up configurations please contact Zach at bike insights. Rear end spacing is NOT BOOST it will take a regular non-boost ring.
Fork is a non-tapered steerer 1 1/8" Crust Carbon Fork with internal dynamo and brake cable routing.
Fixed 142mm X 12mm rear dropouts. No rocker dropouts on this one, in efforts to shave weight.
Front and rear thru axles are included.
The steel plate on the drive side has been axed, you guessed it, save weight.
Integrated headset cups. Takes a Chris King Dropset 4 or any BMX integrated headset. Upper and lower bearing dimensions are 42mm with a 45 degree taper.
Flat mount front and rear.
Max Rotor Size: 180mm Front | 160mm Rear
All sizes up to the Large have 28.6 D.T and TT, the Large and Xtra-Large have a 28.6 TT and a 31.8 DT. All sizes are heat treated CR-MO
Fender mounts are there. Rear rack mounts are not.
Takes a 30.0mm seat post clamp with a 27.2 seat post.
- Handmade in Taiwan using Heat Treated Chromoly
- Tig Welded
- Color- Blue & White Splatter Fade
- Sizes- Small & Step Thru 52cm | Medium 54cm | Extra-Medium 56cm | Large 58cm | Extra Large 60cm
- Head Tube Diameter- 1 1/8" (Threadless Steerer)
- Bottom Bracket- 73mm English (BSA) Threaded
- Steerer Tube Length- 400mm
- Compression Plug Torque Spec- 8nm
- Fork Spacing- 12x100mm
- Axle To Crown- 400mm
- Front Axle Torque Spec- ~8nm
- Rear End Spacing- 12x142mm
- Front Axle Thread Pitch & Length- 1.5x125mm
- Rear Axle Thread Pitch & Length- 1.5x164mm
- Seat Post Diameter- 27.2mm
- Weight- Frame 58cm- 2.2kg or 4lbs 13oz | Fork- 490g or 1lb 1oz