The Evasion, often imitated, never duplicated. The Satanic Rando. The DFL. The original Crust. Whatever you have or want to call it, its a bike that can fit a big ol' tire that doesn't ride like something thats been 6 feet under for that past 10 years. In terms of braze-ons the Evasion has everything you'd need to go for a tour around the world and back.
If you're familiar with the older versions of the Evasion, this one has some changes:
All frames no longer have an integrated seat post clamp and now have internal dropper routing! Good trade off. We also now have a new hooded rocker dropout.
Designed around a 26x3" wheel and tire combo and thats its max 26" size.
Word has it 26" is dead (It Ain't. Don't Fear Opulence.) so you will likely go with a 27.5" wheel. The max tire size there is going to be 27.5x2.8".
It can be setup 29", in which case your max tire size is going to be a 29x 2.0".
Takes a MOUNTAIN crank. Ideally 1x with a maximum ~40 tooth chainring. You can set it up 2x, but it's on you to figure that out.
The rocker dropout's adjustability means it is single speed compatible. If you're looking for a dedicated single speed hub the Paul Word Boost hub is a good option.
Front brake is I.S. Mount and takes an adaptor to fit a caliper. The Rear brake is I.S. (Post Mount) as well, but you can bolt a caliper straight to the Rocker Dropout and clear a 160mm rotor.
Max Rotor Size: 203mm Front | 180mm Rear
Front and rear thru axles are included.
- Handmade in Taiwan using Heat Treated Chromoly
- Tig Welded
- Colors- Matte Black or Bluish Gray
- Sizes- Small & Step Thru 52cm | Medium 54cm | Extra-Medium 56cm | Large 58cm | Extra Large 60cm
- Head Tube Diameter- 1 1/8" (Threadless Steerer)
- Bottom Bracket- 73mm English (BSA) Threaded
- Steerer Tube Length- 400mm
- Fork Spacing- 12x100mm
- Axle To Crown- 385mm
- Rear End Spacing- 12x148mm
- Front Axle Thread Pitch & Length- 1.5x125mm
- Rear Axle Thread Pitch & Length- 1.5x173mm
- Seat Post Diameter- 27.2mm
- Weight (Large 58cm)- Frame- 2.66kg or 5lbs 14oz | Fork- 1.36kg or 3lbs