Designed and made in the Berthoud based in beautiful South Burgundy, France, all their saddles present a unique serial number engraved on the brass washer on top of the saddle nose.
The cutout in the leather top gives an even more comfortable ride releasing pressure on the pudendal nerve and thus reducing risks of saddle soreness.
Besides, it further shortens the break-in period required.
The design and components allow for an easy maintenance. Leather tension adjustment and an eventual disassembly/reassembly is possible with only a 5mm allen key and a TX20 torx key.
Main characteristics :
- Thick vegetable tanned leather
- Highly resistant technical composite backplate and nose parts for flex and vibration dampening.
- Saddle bag loops and M4 threaded inserts in the backplate accross our rando and city models
- Leather attachment points away from the seat area to avoid friction
- Securely fastened and easily removable leather thanks to 7 or 9 stainless screws and brass washers
- Fully serviceable with only 2 standard tools (5mm allen key and TX20 key)
- Patented anti-twisting brace and leather tension system