The Bombora, a "gravel bike" if there ever has been one. It is essentially a slightly sportier version of the Evasion. The biggest difference between the two is the Bombora has a 68mm bottom bracket shell, so it takes a road crank. It's ditched the Rocker Dropout for a simple 12mm thru axle dropout. It has a slightly lower trail number, but just slightly. It is designed around a 650b/ 27.5" wheel with a 2.3" max tire size. It has lighter tubing than the Evasion for a little less weight and more speed for when you wanna ride MidSouth. The Bombora is still sporting all of the braze-ons to have some racks, fenders, or whatever you want hanging off of it. A great do-it-all bike from multi-day trips, commuting to and from work, or getting out for a fast rip.
IMPORTANT: The Bombora is NOT a mountain bike. Yes, we know it fits a large tire, but the tube set is light. Think about it as a "plus" size tire gravel bike. We keep the tube set light to keep the ride quality opulent. That means its great for bombing some road/ groads, but its not meant for single track or a big chunky jeep trail full of rocks and huge ruts for you to run into square on. If you do ride it on that kind of stuff and break it, we will not replace it.
Designed around a 650b/ 27.5" Wheel with a 2.3" max tire size.
If you want to run it 700c, your max clearance will be a 48mm tire.
Takes a ROAD crank. Ideally 1x with a maximum 44 tooth chainring. You can set it up 2x, but it's on you to figure that out.
Front brake is NOW FLAT MOUNT as well as the Rear.
Front and rear thru axles are included.
- Handmade in Taiwan using Heat Treated Chromoly
- Tig Welded
- Color- Pastel Violet
- Sizes- Extra Small 52cm | Small 54cm | Medium 56cm | Large 58cm | Extra Large 60cm
- Head Tube Diameter- 1 1/8" (Threadless steerer)
- Bottom Bracket- 68mm English (BSA) Threaded
- Steerer Tube Length- 400mm
- Fork Spacing- 12x100mm
- Rear End Spacing- 12x142mm
- Front Axle Thread Pitch & Length- 1.5x120mm
- Rear Axle Thread Pitch & Length- 1.5x164mm
- Seat Post Diameter- 27.2mm
- Weight- Frame (Large)- 2.27kg or 5lbs | Fork (Uncut Steerer)- 1.36kg or 3lbs