The Florida Man is Leo Rodger's signature frame.
The Florida Man’s roots can be very loosely traced back to the Bombora. If you have been following along with Leo, you have likely seen his stunner of a Bombora build that he rips around on. Using its platform as a jump off point, he and Matt went to town designing Leo a bike that is truly his own. What came out of the design process is a no-nonsense fixed gear frame that can take a big ol’ tire; a “country fixed” if you’re from Nutmeg Country. Great to skid around the city, or burn your legs up on a gravel road in the middle of nowhere. Its tri-color fade will have you feeling like you’re gazing out at a sunset over Tampa Bay every time you give it a glance. The artwork is a homage to Leo and his home state Florida and was designed by Cheech’s sister Patty (@whose.backyard on the gram).
The Florida Man features track dropouts and 130mm spacing out back and your standard 100mm spacing up front with quick release/bolt-on dropouts. The fork features our crown with braze-ons on the top of it and two braze-ons on the fork legs for mounting a bag support or maybe your Pec Dec. The Florida Man can be built up using a 650b or 700c wheel set. Your max tire clearances will be 27.5×2.4 or 29×2.0. Max chainring size is 44t.
The Florida Man now features removable brake posts! They're in the 650b/27.5" canti/v-brake position on all frames, so if you want to go 700 with a brake you will have to figure out a side or center pull situation to put up front, or maybe Paul Motolites will make it happen, but I don't know.
If fixed isn’t your thing you could throw a 130mm spaced coaster brake wheel in the back and “klunk” your little heart out. You could also run an internally geared coaster brake hub. Hell, you could even throw a drum brake hub on the front if you really wanted to “klunk” it up.
- Handmade in Taiwan using Heat Treated Chromoly
- Tig Welded
- Color- Matte Raw or Pink/ Blue Fade
- Sizes- Extra Small 52cm | Small 54cm | Medium 56cm | Large 58cm | Extra Large 60cm | Extra Extra Large 62cm
- Head Tube Diameter- 1 1/8" (Threadless steerer)
- Bottom Bracket- 68mm English (BSA) Threaded
- Steerer Tube Length- 400mm
- Fork Spacing- 9x100mm
- Rear End Spacing- 130mm w/ rear facing horizontal dropouts
- Seat Post Diameter- 27.2mm
- Fork Axle to crown - 395mm
- Weight- Frame- 2.06 kg or 4 lbs 9oz | Fork (Uncut Steerer)- 1.18kg or 2 lbs 10oz