Designed and made in the Berthoud based in beautiful South Burgundy, France, all their saddles present a unique serial number engraved on the brass washer on top of the saddle nose.
For a comfort straight out of the box, the leather is pre-softenned, but these saddles still require a few hundred kilometers to really break in and conform to your shapes and position.
The design and components allow for an easy maintenance. Leather tension adjustment and an eventual disassembly/reassembly is possible with only a 5mm allen key and a TX20 torx key.
Main characteristics :
- Thick vegetable tanned leather
- Highly resistant technical composite backplate and nose parts for flex and vibration dampening.
- Saddle bag loops and M4 threaded inserts in the backplate accross our rando and city models
- Leather attachment points away from the seat area to avoid friction
- Securely fastened and easily removable leather thanks to 7 or 9 stainless screws and brass washers
- Fully serviceable with only 2 standard tools (5mm allen key and TX20 key)
- Patented anti-twisting brace and leather tension system